In August, we included a link to a charming YouTube video by a young Dorothy Parker fan reading a couple of poems. It was very popular, but one former member didn’t like it very much. So this gave us the idea to ask Dorothy Parker fans to create their own YouTube videos of their favorite Parker pieces. The Jennifer Award (nickname: The Jenny) will go to the video that gets the most views between August 1 and Oct. 31, 2011. It will win this Prize Pack: Free round of drinks for you and a friend at The Algonquin Hotel Blue Bar, free Algonquin Round Table Walking Tour for you and friend (or three, what the hell), signed copy of my book A Journey into Dorothy Parker’s New York, some kind of Jenny statuette, and glory. To date, there were 7 entries. Please watch all seven. Tell your friends about your favorites. The video that gets the most views will be the winner, with three runners up. The entries!
1. Jason Stoneking “August” [Watch]
2. Frederic Bohle (German) “The Last Tea” [Watch]
3. Cheyenne “Resume” [Watch]
4. thesylentmynd “Epitaph” (American Sign Language) [Watch]
5. YvonneEriksen “Indian Summer” [Watch]
6. Aggressive Whimsy “General Review of the Sex Situation” [Watch]
7. studlydoright111 “Resume” & “Coda” [Watch]